Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today's the First Day....

...of the rest of your life. Sound familiar? Ya know, I am not even sure WHO said that, but I've remembered it :)
Hello there!
My name is Kathy and I am a humble servant of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I felt the Holy Spirit tugging on my heart to do SOMEthing worthwhile...to have a place so I can type my thoughts and YOU can read and comment on them if you'd like :)
I am planning on having a daily Bible Verse and also just various 'musings' concerning my life as a Christian. I am so far from perfect(which is how some folks think/figure we Christians are supposed to be), it's not EVEN funny....BUT I have a real LOVE for Christ AND a BIG zest for life.
I'm 52, NEARLY 53 years of age and have been raised in church most of my young AND adult life. Does THAT make me a Christian? Does THAT make me a good person? and Will THAT guarantee me a ticket to Heaven?
NO....No...and No!
What DOES make me a Christian is God's Grace. Pure and simple! Too easy you say? You betcha! BUT, by Jesus love and blood He shed on the tree(cross) I was and AM forgiven! Praise His Holy Name!
You've probably read and re-read over and over again John 3:16. I have and every time I read it, I cry like a baby.
We are coming upon Easter. Do you know the real importance of Easter? Easter is when Jesus rose from the grave after 3 days of being dead. Do you know that He spent those 3 days in HELL for YOU and for ME???? When he died on that old cross, He took on EVERY single sin you, me, him, her...EVERYone had---HAS---and WILL HAVE.....Lemme tell ya, it was soooo horrible that even God HIMself had to turn away. He could not LOOK at sin(and at that point in time, Jesus had our sins).
If you don't know Jesus as I do. My Lord and Savior, please seek within your heart. Admit that you are a sinner and fall short of the glory of God. Ask for forgiveness and yes, God is so forgiving that NOTHING you do or have done cannot be forgiven by Him!!
It's just THAT easy too! Just follow these steps:
1) Admit you're a sinner....(read Romans 3:23 and also Romans 6:23)
Ask for forgiveness...repent or turn away from your sin(read Acts 3:19 and also 1 John 1:9)
2) Believe and KNOW in your heart that Jesus is God's Son and accept God's GIFT of forgiveness of your sins(read Romans 5:8; Acts 4:12; John 3:16; John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9 and John 1:11-13)
3) THEN, confess that you have faith in Jesus and believe that He IS your Lord and Savior(read Romans 10:9-10 and also verse 13)

Know that your sins are forgiven as far as east is from west.......
which brings us to today's daily Bible verse which is found in:
Psalm 103:12

Rejoice in the Lord!
Praise His Holy Name!
Thank-You, Jesus!
Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment